Welcome to "The Diary of a Miner"; a blog detailing the adventures and mysteries that I, Syeonyx, embark upon in my quest to further my mining and survival skills! It'll be tough, there will be good times and bad times, but I'll always be alive to post my adventures... probably...

Day 67: Keeping in touch...

     I slept well last night, despite the current circumstances... I was able to escape from the house, after having numerous close calls, and made off with my mining equipment, the map and compass, the stone, some food, sleeping equipment and other necessities. I then headed off East towards Jonas McElderry's house... I would be calling that "home" for some time until the situation near my house blows over... Although I got the impression it won't... The figure wants the stone to prevent people from destroying portals. THEROS will want me to go back to the dirt hovel in the far North West and destroy the two other portals in the strange pyramid beneath it... What would I do? I couldn't contact HoN Co. ever again because one of the guards smashed the PDA! I only hoped they got the message and sent someone over soon! I could revisit it in about a month and see if the guards were still there, but I doubted they would leave very easily.

     I woke up reasonably early, and proceeded straight to the East to go to the house that I found belonging to Jonas McElderry some time ago. All I had to do was find it again... I just wished I had located it on the map and ringed it. I had, however, ringed the other areas nearby that were of interest. For example, the stone beach, I knew, was South of the house... I could use that as a point of reference maybe. I had a quick breakfast, giving me time to plan out the day, and to get my head in gear. It was going to be a little tougher this time as I had Chiron in tow, however he seemed raring to go already! After finishing up, I packed the tent and the sleeping bag away and looked at the map again, with a ringed circle around where I guessed the house would be. It was more or less there...

     I would use the pools and cliffs as the major points of reference as from there it was a case of following the cliff around to the South, through a small tree line and then continue East to the stone beach. From there, it was North East until I found it. I would have to keep my eyes open just in case a guard or two had been dispatched to find me. I was willing to suspect that they would do anything to get the stone! If I possessed it, then I was a potential threat to whatever plan they are trying to create. If they have the stone, they can continue unheeded, in destroying Minecraftia, along with the lives of hundreds of innocent people! This is what I assumed anyway. Why else would they be so adamant to get hold of it? I pushed on towards the East, making it to the pools and the cliff in a record time! I decided to stay here for a bit and study the map a bit better. I wanted to see if I could go directly to the house rather than use so many reference points to get to it. With the reference points, I was taking the long way round, and I might not have the time to do that.

     Putting the map away, and using the compass, I continued past the pools and towards the cliff to follow it around to the South. I began to wonder about THEROS. They hadn't contacted me in a long time, but then again I hadn't been in any one location in a long time. Plus there had been that time I was inaccessible altogether! Maybe if THEROS knew I was in a single location, and safe from the figure, they may begin sending messages again... I had a feeling though it would involve going back to the dirt hovel... I hadn't managed to complete the job in destroying the three portals as I had gone back to get food whilst I waited for the stone to recharge. If THEROS told me to go back and finish the job, how would I be able to? The dirt hovel is a probably visible from the top of the tower where I was imprisoned! They were both to the West of the map, and the only landmass to get to it would mean going past my house again, and then the tower! Alternatively, I would have to make another boat, and then either row all the way to the island and walk the remainder of the way, or row to a small section of landmass that connected to the far West... In any case, I was in no mood to do anything for some time! As far as I knew, the figure would not check the house for me! If they thought I had just broken from my cell, then they would expect me to come home. Even if I didn't and wanted to go to the house of Jonas, I would have to pass my house anyway! The sun rose steadily into the sky, and it started to rain slightly. The rain was cool and refreshing, and took my mind from the current predicament I was in. I just wanted to relax without fear of being captured, tortured or worse... I eventually made it to the far side of the cliff and began to head East again, through the tree line and towards the stone beach. I didn't care about the quickest route now, I just wanted to get there without walking around aimlessly!

     The rain stopped a little after I got to the stone beach. It looked more or less how it had when I first discovered it, except for a few wild flowers, and animals. I took the map out again, and looked at the location where I had drawn a black circle. From where I was, I would have to walk more or less straight North East to the house. I put the map away, found North-East and began walking again. Chiron seemed to be having fun, although whether it was because I was back, or just the long walk I couldn't tell. He seemed to be healing up nicely; he was no putting more weight onto his paw, and would bound around every now and again. His face painted a picture of content anyway; he was constantly panting, and his tail never stopped moving! He was having the time of his life... If only I were too... After what seemed like a very long time, I saw the top of the tiled roof of the house over the top of the hill. Putting the compass away, I had a little race with Chiron to the top of the hill, and looked down at the house. Made it!

     I jogged the rest of the way to the house; I was already exhausted, but I knew I could rest once I got inside. I went around to the Northern entrance and went through the door. It was still shut from when I had left weeks ago, and the barricades were still in place from the missing windows. Chances are, this place was secure. I put the bag onto the bed and looked around the single room; it wasn't bad. It was small but it would provide more than I would need for a month or two. Obviously I would need to go out looking for meat and maybe try to grow a little wheat, but a month would probably fly by if I could occupy myself. If THEROS hadn't contacted me by then, I would assume that they I was dead... After all, there was no way for me to contact them... I didn't know where they lived, despite the guards at the prison thinking otherwise! I took the bag from the bed, and flopped onto it, not caring about the vast quantities of dust I had just thrown into the air! I was going to relax... Even if it killed me!

     I've been here for a few hours now, and the sun had begun to go down. I've attempted to mend the windows with glass panes, and I've replaced all of the torches with lit ones. The bed has been dusted, and I have moved a few things around. Looking in the chest, I found a few items of value that could be put to use whilst I was here. It wasn't like Jonas would be needing them... God rest his soul! I found a spare sheet buried at the bottom of the chest, and have decided to use this one rather than the current, moth-eaten one. I've a wealth of information to read about from the books on the shelves. Some in Latin, the majority in English. Most of them are about how to make the most of the resources in Minecraftia... Most of which I already knew! But it was nice to read about them anyway. It was a form of entertainment. Chiron has curled up near the furnace which I've lit to warm the room up and get rid of the damp that has set in over the years... He seems rather comfortable, and I might look at his paw tomorrow if I get the chance... Well, it looks like this place is "home" for the foreseeable future... I just hope they don't find us here...

Syeonyx signing off

No comments:

Post a Comment