Welcome to "The Diary of a Miner"; a blog detailing the adventures and mysteries that I, Syeonyx, embark upon in my quest to further my mining and survival skills! It'll be tough, there will be good times and bad times, but I'll always be alive to post my adventures... probably...

Day... 62... maybe...?: Where am I?

     Urgh... I must have been out cold for ages! The last thing I remember is seeing a shadow at the door of the dirt hovel I found after going through a tunnel... I remember going for the door to see what the cause of it was, but the shadow disappeared... I went outside to have a look; there was nothing I could see. It was still raining, and it was very dark, except the light from the torches back in the hovel. I remember... I think I remember... A sharp stabbing pain in my neck... Did someone hit me...? I don't know... Next thing I know, I smell urine and other excretions, and I wake up here! Wherever "here" is... My neck is sore, as is my head; it feels like someone decided to take my brain out, beat it severely and put it back into my head... It's freezing in here! I appear to be a cell... Some type of jail cell, with a small bed - using the word "bed" very loosely - and a hole in the floor for a toilet! There's no light in here, and it smells of damp and other unmentionables... It's so bad I can taste the acrid urea that's thick in the air... The only light is trickling from behind the bars of the cell door. Cast iron, and rusted to hell! I can't see much from here; it's as dark out there as it is in here, but it looks like there are other cells... Does that mean... Is there anyone else here...? My head's still pounding, but I managed to call out... There's no response... Either I'm alone, or everyone else is asleep... Or worse... I can just about make it to my feet, but I'm a little shaky... Whatever they did to me, has done a real number on my coordination... Whoever "they" are... Peering from behind the bars of the cell door, I can make out small levers next to each door... A release mechanism...? It wouldn't matter if they were, I can't reach them... If my cell has one it's useless! I can't even see mine, let alone reach it...

     I feel slightly nauseous... Sitting down makes the pain go away... A little... How I'm managing to right this, I don't know... I don't know how long I've been here... I don't know how long I was out cold... I don't know where I am... My head is splitting, and the arrival of a billion more puzzling questions on top of the old ones isn't helping... Whoever hit me, tranquilized me, whatever, also took my stuff away; my bow and quiver, the dagger... The stone... It wouldn't make much difference anyway... I can't destroy a portal from within a cell... The only things they left me were the clothes I was wearing, my diary and the camera... I suppose they think they're of no use for an escape... That or they can't see them being used as weapons... They're right... The only thing that's any good would be the pen I'm using to write this... But I doubt I'd get the chance...
     I've been sitting here for hours... Nothing has happened... No-one has come... I've been drifting in and out of consciousness for awhile... At some point when I was unconscious, someone brought me some food... A piece of raw meat and, ironically, cold mushroom soup... I haven't eaten it... I don't think I could, what with the smell... I've called out a couple of times in the hope I get someone's attention, but there was no reply, and now I have a sore throat to add to my ailments... It's like I've been kidnapped and left to die... Who would do this...? THEROS? The figure...? The person who lived in the dirt hovel...? I didn't know anymore... I needed to find a way out of here, but I couldn't see a way. The walls were made of cobblestone... Very old cobblestone which was practically dripping with water! So much so, most of the walls were covered with lichen and moss... The bed is a bare wooden frame that's filled with rot... The sheets are moth eaten and damp, squelching slightly every time I shift on them... It won't be long before my diary becomes sodden...

     I can't tell what time it is, or where I am; they took the map too! Apparently that was of some use to me in here... Last place I remember being was the dirt hovel at the North-West corner of the map, on an island that I had stumbled across after travelling for hours through a tunnel from a portal... I could be anywhere now... I can't set my mind straight with this thumping head! The only person I knew who was technically after me was the figure... And that was because I was destroying the portals... Had the figure kidnapped me? Was he here? If he had, I had to get out of here! Screw the plan I had to ignore HoN Co.! I had to find a way back home and tell them about this! They can't possibly say I made this up! They'd have to send someone in then! But how would I escape? The iron door was the only exit out of the room! Yes, it was rusted to hell, but it still had structural integrity... Besides, even if I managed to get the door down, I'd probably make enough noise to get the attention of whoever put me down here! That had to be ano... Wait... I can hear voices! Two of them... They're just down the corridor to the right... They're talking about THEROS! How would they know abou... Wait, the note! I had the note from THEROS in my pocket! It's not here now, they must have it! That means they know about the portals... Well, the map won't tell them much except the locations of portals I've destroyed... The only portals I knew of where the two I hadn't managed to destroy back in the strange flesh temple under the dirt hovel! They've stopped... They're walking now... Towards me... Towards my cell... What's next...?

Syeonyx signing off... possibly for the last time...

No comments:

Post a Comment