Welcome to "The Diary of a Miner"; a blog detailing the adventures and mysteries that I, Syeonyx, embark upon in my quest to further my mining and survival skills! It'll be tough, there will be good times and bad times, but I'll always be alive to post my adventures... probably...

Wake up call

     I can't hear anything... I can't see anything... I can't feel anything... Was I dead...? I felt like I was unable to move; my vision was a sea of darkness, I couldn't even see any part of my own body... Where was I? I had to be dead... I had died!!! How!?! Trying to calm my mind down, concentrating the billions of thoughts passing through my head, I attempted to recall the events leading up to this point. I had taken the Keystone... Running down from the tree line, I had... I had stopped just short of the portal... The others... Looking back I could see the looks on their faces... Then, I threw the Keystone at the portal... Then... Nothing... What had happened? The portal must have killed me... I was too close to it when the Keystone became destabilised by the Nether energy... The resulting blast likely blew me to smithereens... At least I had succeeded in ending it... I had sacrificed myself for every living thing on the planet... We had won; HoN Co. was... HoN Co. was over... More than over, it was finished. The Paragon... There's no point to HoN Co. any more... HoN Co. ... It was just a cover... A cover to activate the master portal... A cover that had lasted years... Doesn't matter now, everyone's safe. Hopefully the blast killed the creatures from the Nether too... What happens now then...? I still couldn't move or feel anything, and my vision was still dark. I wasn't able to perceive an... Hang on... I can here a slight buzzing sound... It's probably my imagination... No, wait... It's definitely an actual buzzing... It was getting louder... Was that... Was that a flash of light?

"SYEONYX!!!"

I definitely didn't imagine that! Maybe if I concentrate... The buzzing sound is too loud... I can't hear anything over...

"SYEONYX!!!"

There it is again! The flash of light too! What's happening to me? Ow!!! Did something just hit me in the head...? Wait, I felt that! I felt pain...I can't be dead... Where am I then...?

"SYEONYX!!! WAKE UP!!!"

I can't call back... I can hear them, but I can't reply. Where are they...? Who are they? It sounds like... Amie... Ow! There was that pain again. The buzzing... It's deafening!!! My vision... It's gone all white... What's happening to me!?! Wait, it's clearing...

"SYEONYX!!! For the love of God, WAKE UP!!!"

My vision... It's all dark and blurry... What's that in front of me...? It's... It's a face... Amie! I'm not dead! Why can't I move then? Maybe this is a dream... Ow... No, it can't be a dream... I've never felt such pain in a dream before... My vision... Clearing... It's definitely Amie... Ringing in my ears... Going away too...

"SYEONYX!!! Please, don't leave us!!!"

The pain... It's not just my head... Everything hurts... My vision is almost clear now; UOPETA, COLUS, AMPHIS... Amie... They're all still here... In the back... People I've never seen before... Guards...? The Endermen are here too... The ringing is gone... Just the sound of voices... Indistinct voices and the patter of rain... It's beautiful! I can feel my arms... Legs... Body... Ow! It all hurts... Wait, I can move my hand...

"Oh thank God you're okay!!!"

What happened...?

"You were knocked unconscious by the blast. The portal exploded and threw you quite a distance... Oh Syeonyx..."

Amie's hugging me... I'm in a lot of pain... But I can manage a hug...

Why am I over here? I thought the...

"The portal tossed you over here. We saw you throw the Keystone into the portal and than it was instant! The blue energy around the portal exploded outwards, blowing you to the ground."

"The portal then changed to that sickly yellow/green colour, just like the others. But then it changed to a dark red... We've never seen it do that before..."

"This is likely due in part to our modifications made to the Ender Keystone. The unstable energies became unbalanced when exposed to the concentrated energy of the Nether, breaking the equilibrium."

"It started to suck everything in it nearby. You got lucky... Sort of..."

I don't feel lucky... How did I survive...?

"The portal sucked you up, but because of the distance you were from it when began to implode, you weren't sucked into it. You were pulled towards it, and then past it. You practically orbited it about ten or so times, slowly being pulled towards it, before it just... Exploded... You were thrown clear of the portal blast and into a tree."

That's why my everything hurts then...

"Yeah, but you got lucky. I can't say for sure, but it seems you got off with just a broken wrist... That was from when you fell out of the tree onto your arm... There might be some minor internal bleeding, but..."

"We were worried you had suffered a blow to the head... Or worse... We thought we had actually lost you at one point. Turns out you're tough to kill..."

Wish I felt like that... Feels like I've been dropped from thirty thousand feet...

"Come on, we'll get you on your feet and back to the base. We can bandage you and everyone else up, and then settle things..."

Settle things?

"Yeah. Now that the HoN Co. guards here have disbanded, we need to determine what the next best course of action is. Everyone here has now seen them for their true colours, and it won't be long before that spreads throughout the rest of the company."

"By destroying the portal you've slit the throat of the beast. All we do is wait for it to die..."

WE did that together. There's no 'I' in 'team'...

"There is if you write it as an ambigram..."

"Stop being difficult OROTHO and grab Syeonyx's other shoulder."

There are a lot of guards around. They don't seem to know what to do. I don't blame them... Their entire world has just crashed down around them, and they're now left without anyone to guide them. There are quite a few injured guards and soldiers. Some are worse than me... Looks like the Endermen are coming with us as well. I'm glad for their help. Without them we wanted have got this far... It still hadn't sunk in yet...

I can't believe it's over...

"Well you'd better start believing; I'm not going through that again! Just"

"If you will allow it, I we can carry the injured in a way that will not cause further injury."

"Oh... Okay then... Just... Just don't drop them..."

"We will try our best..."

What's going on...?

"The Endermen are carrying you and the other injured. Just lie back and relax. We've got a way to go before we back at the base, although thankfully I don't have to add the word 'safely' to that any more..."

Syeonyx... nodding off...

No comments:

Post a Comment