Welcome to "The Diary of a Miner"; a blog detailing the adventures and mysteries that I, Syeonyx, embark upon in my quest to further my mining and survival skills! It'll be tough, there will be good times and bad times, but I'll always be alive to post my adventures... probably...

Evasion

     We slowly turned around, to look at the source of the authoritative voice. It was a guard. He was standing there, sword outstretched, pointed at us. He began barking questions at us, demanding to know who we were. I was frozen to the spot; I didn't know what to do... I just stood there, ares slightly raised in submission. UOPETA was doing the same, but I couldn't tell what facial expression he was displaying. As for THEROS... Wait! Where was he?

"Who are you? What are you doing here?"

The question didn't even register. I was too frightened to reply. Then movement caught my eye in the doorway. THEROS hadn't fully emerged, and upon seeing the guard, he must have retreated back inside! He was our only way of getting out! UOPETA moved his hand slowly down, as though reaching for his blowpipe, but the guard stepped closer, sword now pointing at UOPETA's head. I didn't want to draw too much attention to THEROS in the doorway, so I only looked back that way when the guard was distracted by UOPETA. The guard kept demanding that we tell him who we were, and why we were here, but we remained silent. Then I saw more movement from the side of my vision. The other guard... We were done for!

"What's going on here? Who are these two?"

"I don't know, but they came from out of the tower holding that report."

The new guard approached UOPETA and snatched the report from his hand. Flicking through it, the guard obviously couldn't understand it, but he knew it was important.

"You deal with these two whilst I put this back."

THEROS was still hiding in the doorway, and if the guard was heading back in, he'd be spotted, along with the two unconscious guards! Without knowing why, I shouted "Wait!" and he stopped... I stood there shaking, and breathless. I didn't know what to say or do... In the end, UOPETA covered for me!

"We're miners! We got lost, and thought we could find someone to guide us back to our quadrants..."

"What's with the fancy getup then? I don't think you need that for mining..."

Now it was UOPETA's turn to be silent, as neither of us could think of anything. The second guard stepped closer, sword now brandished, but he stopped short, clutched his neck and withdrew his hand. There, between his finders, was a small, white dart... He dropped it, and fell to the floor. The first guard looked incredibly confused, and turned to the entrance, where THEROS had been squatting.

"What the...?!?!?"

UOPETA seized the moment, and grabbed the guard from behind and pinned his arms back. The guard dropped his sword and began to struggle. Without knowing why, I took my blowpipe in hand, removed a dart, and pushed it into the guard's neck! The struggled slowed and eventually ceased, whereupon UOPETA dropped him...

"Thanks... That was a close one... Let's get going before anyone else decides to attack us..."

I put the dart back in my pocket, whilst UOPETA collected the report from where the guard had dropped it. THEROS emerged from the entrance, looking rather pleased with himself. We set off back to the base with the report. Boy, did we have a story to tell!

----

     After UOPETA finished the story of how we managed to escape the guards, through the intervention of THEROS, before slamming the report down on the desk. COLUS picked it up, read the cover, and began to go through it meticulously. After a few minutes of silence, COLUS put the report down.

"This is what we've been looking for. This points us towards an obsidian farm that HoN Co. have been constructing for some time. From the looks of things, it is operational now, due to the existence of the portal chamber... We'll interpret these coordinates and you three can go off and take a look. First priority will be to ascertain the threat level of this place, although I have a feeling we already know that. Take images, gain information such as how they're moving it and where it's going to. Then return here and we can plan from there. Meanwhile, the rest of us will be working on the tunnel..."

We finished up the discussion shortly after that, and we retired to our rooms. We had been going for some time without rest, and we needed to recharge if we were going to be going out again at some point. We didn't know where this place was, but it was bound to be heavily fortified, and hard to infiltrate. We were going to have our work cut out for us. Even more so if it was really far away. But from the sounds of the report, it wasn't going to be easily found either; it is likely to be located underground somewhere, which could make matters more complicated...

Syeonyx signing off

No comments:

Post a Comment